harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Senaka Fernando" <senaka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC] Half-way point
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2008 20:45:00 GMT
Hi all,

I'm working on making Harmony GC portable to Parrot. To be honest my start
might have been the slowest. In terms of the final objective I've made only
a little progress so far, except for a thorough reading and understanding of
how Harmony GC and the Parrot GC works, which I spent a reasonable amount of
time. I believe that the time I spent on understanding how the GC's on both
end actually work would be much worthwhile in the longer run. In addition to
that, I've managed to build the Harmony GC independent of the VM. I also
took part in documenting VM/GC interface for Harmony, which was given to me
as a midterm challenge. I have submitted few patches as well. It took
several weeks for me as well to find the right balance between my semester
work and GSoC work.

My two mentors, Alexei and Xiao-Feng, has promised a more systematic plan to
make sure I successfully complete my project. As a result of that I've also
started working on some JIRA issues and GC tasks. I'm planning to complete
two milestones per week as suggested by my mentors.

Best Regards,
Senaka