harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Cornwall" <andrew.pack...@gmail.com>
Subject Enabling additional errors/warnings when developing Harmony code
Date Mon, 28 Jul 2008 21:35:00 GMT
I've been playing a little with enabling additional errors/warnings in
Eclipse when developing Harmony code. By default, many of them are switched
off. Switching them on and making the suggested changes would reduce class
file size as well as improve code quality and, in some cases, performance.

In particular, I turned on warnings (instead of "ignore") for:
  Code style: Access to a non-accessible member of an enclosing type
  Unnecesary code:
    Local variable is never read
    Unused private or local member
    Redundant null check
    Unnecessary else statement
    Unnecessary declaration of thrown exceptions
    Redundant super interface

Has anyone thought of doing this before? (Am I stepping into a minefield of
"we tried that and everyone hated it" by suggesting it?)

    Andrew Jr.