harmony-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Code frozen for M7?
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:58:46 GMT
Sean Qiu wrote:
> I am wondering that shall we still commit to our Java 6 branch during
> the code frozen for trunk?
> I am just going to merge some bug-fixing updates from Java 5 to our
> Java 6 branch.
> If not, the merging is not urgent,  so I think I can wait until the
> complete of code frozen.

Merging is ok.  I'd go ahead and do it.

Thanks,
Tim


> 2008/7/30 Tim Ellison <t.p.ellison@gmail.com>:
>> Sean Qiu wrote:
>>> Java 6 branch isn't taken into our consideration, am i right?
>> We publish snapshots of the Java 6 branch [1].  Given the significant
>> overlap in code between Java 5 and 6 the release schedule usually covers
>> both.
>>
>> Did you have a new piece of work you wanted to introduce in Java 6?
>>
>> [1] http://harmony.apache.org/download.cgi#Harmony6_Snapshot
>>
>> Regards,
>> Tim
>>
>>> 2008/7/29 Nathan Beyer <ndbeyer@apache.org>:
>>>> On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 7:40 AM, Tim Ellison <t.p.ellison@gmail.com>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> chunrong lai wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>>   Should we freeze the code base for M7, since the Jul. 28th is said
to
>>>>>> be
>>>>>> the code freeze date?
>>>>>>
>>>>> Yes.  I thought that we had a well understood procedure now that we are
>>>>> on
>>>>> our seventh milestone -- but I guess it is still necessary to call it
>>>>> out.
>>>>>
>>>>>    If so, I think
>>>>>>    (1) We should follow Tim's policy "no more commits please without
>>>>>> agreement from two committers on the dev list" before code unfrozen.
>>>>>>    (2) We need to nominate the M7 candidate revision, do more testing,
>>>>>> analyze the critical/blocker issues and raise the issues MUST be
fixed
>>>>>> for
>>>>>> M7.
>>>>>>
>>>>> The code is frozen for new features or non-critical bug fixes this week.
>>>>>  Nathan asked that he gets his suncompat code in there, which is fine
>>>>> since
>>>>> that is disabled by default anyway.
>>>> I checked my code in last night, so I'm good to go for testing.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>> The focus is on stability and passing our tests.  We should discuss any
>>>>> non-critical bug fixes and later this week expect to nominate a release
>>>>> candidate.
>>>>>
>>>>> (p.s. I'm disappearing on vacation for a couple of weeks after this
>>>>> week,
>>>>> so I'll only be around to help up to that point)
>>>>>
>>>>> Regards,
>>>>> Tim
>>>>>
>>>
>>>
> 
> 
> 

Mime
View raw message