harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Code frozen for M7?
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2008 12:40:12 GMT
chunrong lai wrote:
>     Should we freeze the code base for M7, since the Jul. 28th is said to be
> the code freeze date?

Yes.  I thought that we had a well understood procedure now that we are
on our seventh milestone -- but I guess it is still necessary to call it
out.

>     If so, I think
>      (1) We should follow Tim's policy "no more commits please without
> agreement from two committers on the dev list" before code unfrozen.
>      (2) We need to nominate the M7 candidate revision, do more testing,
> analyze the critical/blocker issues and raise the issues MUST be fixed for
> M7.

The code is frozen for new features or non-critical bug fixes this week.
  Nathan asked that he gets his suncompat code in there, which is fine
since that is disabled by default anyway.

The focus is on stability and passing our tests.  We should discuss any
non-critical bug fixes and later this week expect to nominate a release
candidate.

(p.s. I'm disappearing on vacation for a couple of weeks after this
week, so I'll only be around to help up to that point)

Regards,
Tim