harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [general] Code frozen for M7?
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2008 12:56:12 GMT

In message
<f9761b910807290526j220e65b5s2ca67b23085c3ec4@mail.gmail.com>, "chunrong
lai" writes:

> Hi,
>
>     Should we freeze the code base for M7, since the Jul. 28th is said
> to be the code freeze date?
>
>     If so, I think
>      (1) We should follow Tim's policy "no more commits please without
> agreement from two committers on the dev list" before code unfrozen.
>      (2) We need to nominate the M7 candidate revision, do more testing,
> analyze the critical/blocker issues and raise the issues MUST be fixed for
> M7.

Tim's message is a little ambiguous but (as you might guess from my
commits ;-) I took it to mean:

  July 28th Feature Freeze - commits with bug fixes are permitted
  August 1st Release candidate - commits need approval
  when we are happy with RC - make release and unfreeze codebase

I think this is roughly the process we've followed before.

Regards,
 Mark.