harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sian January" <sianjanu...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] Upgrading BCEL?
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2008 14:56:13 GMT
Yes, the latest available source does seem to support all the needed
features.  There are a few useful methods that I would expect to see there
that are missing, but they can be worked around fairly easily.

I agree in general that it's not good practice to unneccesarily switch to
unreleased versions, but in the case of BCEL when the last release was 2
years ago and the code base has been very stable for a number of years due
to little active development I wouldn't think the risk is very high.  Also
the only dependencies are from pack200 and Yoko, so it doesn't affect that
much of the class library.

However I have been assuming that a 5.3 in the near future is unlikely, but
as you say it would be worth asking on their mailing list, so I will do that
first.

Thanks,

Sian