harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sian January" <sianjanu...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][test] Migration to testNG?
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2008 13:28:16 GMT
This is slightly off track, but my concern about TestNG is that there are
already quite a lot of steps for someone new to Harmony to get the source
code and run the tests (both for the whole of Harmony and for a single class
library module).  Certainly for Eclipse users if we switched to TestNG this
would add another step, although I'm not sure about command-line users.

Of course if switching to TestNG solves some really major problems then it
would probably be worth it, but the only thing I can see that it gives us
over JUnit 4 is being able to run different sets of tests on different OS's
and to me that doesn't seem as important as having a project that's easy to
access.  Just my 2p worth...