harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sian January" <sianjanu...@googlemail.com>
Subject [classlib] Upgrading BCEL?
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2008 10:10:59 GMT
We're currently using BCEL 5.2 in Harmony, which is the latest released
version (from June 2006).  However it doesn't support all the Java 5 class
file features, which is making it complicated to implement pack200 (and also
means that javap won't print Java 5 stuff properly when we have one).  There
is support for these features in HEAD, but I don't think there's much active
development going on in BCEL and I can't find any information about when a
possible 5.3 might be released.

I'd like to propose upgrading Harmony to the latest available source for
BCEL.  Does that sound possible?

Thanks,

Sian

--