harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][luni] Complement the Missing TimeZone IDs
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 13:33:52 GMT
Hello Jim, all,

It's nice to see that you are digging the timezones further. I believe
the second approach is better because we have already noticed on the
list that different sources may understand timezones differently, and
establishing compatibility between RI and ICU is just a second
priority compared to the proper functionality.

The second approach is also nice because it may be evolutionary
evolved into the first one by getting more and more timezones from
ICU. This is even more nice, because people usually work with few
timezones, so lazy initialization approach is better than initializing
all of them.

Thanks.

--
With best regards,