harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Bob Lee" <crazy...@crazybob.org>
Subject Re: My first submission! java.lang.ThreadLocal
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 16:36:10 GMT
I'm not sure how you ran it, but I ran MTHarness and Doug Lea's own test
suites on Sun's VM using -server.

Mine was a tad slower on MTHarness (results in bug). In Doug Lea's tests,
the RI and my impl were neck and neck. Josh Bloch ran the same performance
tests on a different machine and saw the same results:

Tie: 3 tests
RI wins: 2 tests
crazybob's wins: 3 tests

Mine also has a smaller memory footprint and collects reclaimed ThreadLocals
more aggressively (less unwanted memory retention).

I'm not sure where you got that the performance is "bad". Are you sure you
ran the right code?

Bob