harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean Qiu" <sean.xx....@gmail.com>
Subject [classlib][test] Migration to testNG?
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 03:21:40 GMT
Hi, all.

We had discussed the migration to testNG before and got some conclusions for
grouping[1]
including how to deal with boot path test[2]. Am i missing something?
Is it still in our schedule? I think it's valueable to Harmony.
I volunteer to carry out this job if no one objects.  Any other volunteers?

IMHO, we can only add some ant tasks to integrate testng at the beginning.
So our original junit tests can still work at the mean time when migrating.
When one module's migration task is finished, we can judge the result
to dertermine whether we should go on for other modules.

Maybe we can create a branch for luni to start this work, shall we?
therefore there won't be any impact on other's development.
Once it is completed in the branch, we could merge it back to our trunk.
Does it make sense?

Any sugestions or comments are welcomed. Thanks very much.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/Testing_Convention
[2]
http://www.mail-archive.com/harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg12413.html
[3] http://testng.org/doc/documentation-main.html#annotations