harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Salishev" <sergey.i.salis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WikiMark benchmark contribution
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2008 07:19:39 GMT
Hi Natahan,

I can't disagree with the Web inventor. Web was always about connecting
people as the computers have nothing to talk. But my saying doesn't
contradict with his vision. In my opinion the web is not the technology but
the content plus the technology. Looking to the web this way we can
separate content created by the site owner with say file system access to
the resource and content created by the user community collaboration through
web technologies.

By my definition the second type content is Web 2.0 content and the web
technologies for such collaboration are Web 2.0 technologies.

This definition is in agreement with the Web 2.0 term author Tim O'Reilly
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/oreilly/tim/news/2005/09/30/what-is-web-20.html

Returning to the benchmark the Wiki script is only a part of the workload.
The main body of the workload is the Script Engine in Java. The idea behind
the benchmark was to show that the Web server platform can be unified on
Java EE base without sacrificing the performance and the existing script
code. The Wiki was chosen only as case study.

--
Thanks.
Sergey.