harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Salishev" <sergey.i.salis...@gmail.com>
Subject WikiMark benchmark contribution
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2008 15:17:20 GMT
Hi All,

I've created the
*https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-5878*<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-5878>
issue
with the WikiMark sources attached. WikiMark is the complex benchmark which
uses real life web 2.0 scenario of dynamic Wiki pages generation. It's a
result of my previous year work on assessing server side scripting in Java
as part of Harmony project. This benchmark is useful for comparing the
performance of different JVMs. As the benchmark uses the HTTP protocol for
accessing the test subject it can be used to directly compare the
performance of different scripting engines such as PHP, Python, Ruby vs
their Java implementations (Quercus, Jython, JRuby). The benchmark uses
multiple threads for stressing the computer resources. In the default
configuration the Jetty web server with Quercus and DokuWiki PHP wiki engine
is used. The donation also containes BTI adapter for the benchmark. All the
donated code is developed solely by me.

Also below is a reference to my presentation on SECR 2007 on benchmark
results and profile analysis.
http://www.secr.ru/etc/1_day_11_40_-_salishev_sergei.pdf

Speaking about performance Harmony M5 with -server shows about 80% of
throughput vs Sun 1.6.0_u5 x64 -server on C2Q 3.0GHz with Windows 2003
Server x64.

--
Thanks.
Sergey.