harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Bartek Teodorczyk" <bar...@barteo.net>
Subject Re: [microemulator] Re: svn commit: r660326 [1/17] - in /harmony/enhanced/microemulator
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 10:20:29 GMT
On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 2:48 PM, Tim Ellison <t.p.ellison@gmail.com> wrote:
> Bartek Teodorczyk wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 12:56 AM, Tim Ellison <t.p.ellison@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Following the successful vote to accept the HARMONY-5742 contribution, I
>>> have made the initial checkin of the microemulator code into the enhanced
>>> area of the SVN repository.
>>>
>> I'm very happy about the results of voting and finally checkin into
>> Harmony repository.
>
> Sorry that I had to disappear for a while just after doing that, but 'yes',
> good to see it get committed.
>
>>> Thanks once again to Bartek, Vlad, and Michael for the exciting
>>> contribution.  I'm looking forward to working with you and others on the
>>> codebase, via this dev list and the JIRA system.
>>>
>> We (initial microemulator team) are open for answering any questions
>> that may pop up while integrating microemulator with the Harmony.
>
> I'm hoping for more than answers <g>  You guys are the experts so go ahead
> and start to integrate the code and continue your good work.
>
> It would be easiest if you prefix your JIRAs with [microemulator] (or
> equivalent) so they are easily differentiated.  Also feel free to suggest
> 'structural changes' to the repository layout on this dev list, or new
> categories in JIRA, etc. etc. to make things easier for you.

I've collected my initial questions in points:

1. What's the best JIRA component assignment for microemulator issues.
In my opinion, it should be Classlib with [microemulator] prefix, but
if that component is very tightly related to the classlib SVN location
then something else should be taken. Currently, microemulator is in
fact a class library that runs on standard VM.

2. I'd suggest moving microemulator in SVN one level deeper to the
trunk folder, we'll be able to easy make branches, tags in the future.
I've looked into Harmony repository that is a popular way to organize
"super" modules.

3. How the write access rights are organized in SVN repository? I mean
we need something that allows restrict write access to the specific
modules inside microemulator, e.g. upcoming MIDP API implementation
(microemu-midp) should be read only module for me because of my ACQ
restrictions.

Regards,
Bartek