harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "András Belicza" <icz...@gmail.com>
Subject [tools] settings/config file
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 10:45:34 GMT
Hi!

I'm developing the Harmony policytool tool, and 1 question emerged to me.
There might be reasonable settings that one might want to put in a config
file in order so Harmony users can change it (only in config file) without
having to recompile the whole Harmony project.

Where can I put such config file for policytool?
It would be a single text file like 'policytool.cfg' in which I would put
some options/properties which could drive/control the running of policytool.
For example font type, font size, GUI window location etc. Currently I'm
having these in the Java sources.
And how can I reach that file? E.g. same directory as policytool.exe or
relative to a system variable like $JAVA_HOME or $HARMONY_HOME?

Or should I just leave these options gathered in one central Java source
file?

Thanks,
    András Belicza