harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: My first submission! java.lang.ThreadLocal
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 09:33:26 GMT
Aleksey Shipilev wrote:
> Ok, Tim. It seems like we are wasting our time on discussing this :)

I'd like to proceed and commit the patch, but the topic is not a waste
of time.  I just wanted to be clear that I see the commit as a
'tactical' fix to keep all VMs working, but I agree with the overall
goal of updating the VMI.

This is not the only place where we have made this decision, including a
number of build time flags in the native code to keep things working.

> Let's back to this topic later.
> For now, let's commit this change to DRLVM specific classes, but place
> the TODO: comment in Classib's java.lang.Thread/ThreadLocal about
> things state.

Yes, good idea -- and I'll raise a JIRA to ensure the issue is captured.

Regards,
Tim