harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: My first submission! java.lang.ThreadLocal
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 13:00:37 GMT
Aleksey Shipilev wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 3:51 PM, Tim Ellison <t.p.ellison@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Do you see any other way to keep IBM VM running?
> Can't IBM VM extend its j.l.Thread correspondingly?
> Can't IBM VM copy current ThreadLocal implementation to _its_ kernel classes?

Yes, but I'm guessing that you don't want to wait for the next release
of the IBM VME before accepting this patch.

This way round both VMs continue to work fine.

> The thing is, I presume we have an example of backporting the good
> change from Android (?) back to Harmony.

I'm not sure what you mean here.

> Having this in mind I'd rather see this change adopted in classlib
 > code rather than hidden in DRLVM kernel classes.

Yes, it will get into the common classlib code.  In the meantime there
is nothing to stop people getting the code from the DRLVM directory,
like they do for Thread and all the other kernel classes.

View raw message