harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Class template or format
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:49:43 GMT
Mark Hindess wrote:
> AndrĂ¡s wrote:
>> I'm making a new tool, policytool (as my GSoC2008 project).  Is there
>> a class template available for this or I can just use the format of
>> the existing classes?
>> For example the copyright comments at the beginning of all classes?
>
> (Aside: In line with ASF policy, they are license comments rather than a
> copyright comments.  Copyright details are in NOTICE files.)

Yep, just copy the standard header from any existing source file.  It's
also given here [1].

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#headers

> There isn't a template.  Try to use 4-character indentation and no tabs
> and obviously include the header.

For code layout/formatting we generally use the Sun guidelines for Java
code.  If you use Eclipse you can simply format it using the built-in
formatting rules with one modification, namely use four spaces instead
of one tab indentations.

Regards,
Tim