harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: My first submission! java.lang.ThreadLocal
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:25:27 GMT
Aleksey Shipilev wrote:
> Thanks for a thoughtful reply, Bob!
> Let's get the code to the trunk.
>
> Tim, Mark, Nathan, should we acquire a gold ticket to modify java.lang.Thread?

Since Thread is in the kernel classes, it will require a co-ordinated
change to the DRLVM and IBM VME (plus any other VMs) to keep things
working across all of them simultaneously.

The alternative is to copy a DRLVM-specific version of ThreadLocal into
working_vm/vm/vmcore/src/kernel_classes/javasrc/java/lang until the idea
is worked out, then we go back and update the VMI.

Regards,
Tim