harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [microemulator] Re: svn commit: r660326 [1/17] - in /harmony/enhanced/microemulator
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 15:31:44 GMT
Bartek Teodorczyk wrote:
> I've collected my initial questions in points:
>
> 1. What's the best JIRA component assignment for microemulator issues.
> In my opinion, it should be Classlib with [microemulator] prefix, but
> if that component is very tightly related to the classlib SVN location
> then something else should be taken. Currently, microemulator is in
> fact a class library that runs on standard VM.

Agreed.

> 2. I'd suggest moving microemulator in SVN one level deeper to the
> trunk folder, we'll be able to easy make branches, tags in the future.
> I've looked into Harmony repository that is a popular way to organize
> "super" modules.

Yep, I'll do that.  It was really an oversight on my part in the first
place.

> 3. How the write access rights are organized in SVN repository? I mean
> we need something that allows restrict write access to the specific
> modules inside microemulator, e.g. upcoming MIDP API implementation
> (microemu-midp) should be read only module for me because of my ACQ
> restrictions.

We don't do fine grained ACLs in the SVN repository, just trust you to
only contribute in the areas you can.  Since committers would be
applying patches etc. from people it would be too complex to do it
otherwise.

All contributions and commits are traced via JIRA and SVN logs anyway.
We'd just roll things back if somebody misbehaved.

Regards,
Tim