harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Beyer" <ndbe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [classlib][test] Migration to testNG?
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 03:31:35 GMT
That discussion was a very long time ago. Is there still value in TestNG?
I'd prefer to move to JUnit 4.4. All of our current tests will continue to
work and new tests can be implemented using the latest conventions and older
tests can be updated as we get to them. JUnit 4.4 is a far cry from 4.0.

Here's the things I think would be create for our use and testing in general
- Matchers and the 'assertThat' - much more readable code and readable
failure messages
- Assumptions and the 'assumeThat' - allows methods to add statements that
guarantee that preconditions for the test are correct; this allows tests to
fail such that you know it's an environment issue and not an actual test
failure

If you're not familiar with matchers, check out this quick tutorial -
http://code.google.com/p/hamcrest/wiki/Tutorial.

-Nathan