harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Hindess" <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject [classlib] AWT dependencies on linux x86/x86_64
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2008 07:10:16 GMT

I think we should stop linking static lib{png,jpeg,lcms} on linux
32-bit (and any ports that also use this by default).  We link these
dynamically on linux/x86_64 and if it is good enough for that platform I
don't see why it wouldn't be good enough for any other platforms.  The
APIs for all three libraries are very stable and making the dependencies
consistent would help simplify the depends.xml.

Furthermore, I'd be tempted to by-pass the symlinking process altogether
and just checking that the headers/libraries are available at
depends.xml time and then link against them directly with -lpng etc.

Comments?
-Mark.