harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Jim Yu" <junjie0...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [testing] first M6 candidate (r653525) testing status.
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 10:04:34 GMT
Hi,

About the org.apache.harmony.luni.tests.java.util.GregorianCalendarTest,
whether the two test cases below (1) (2) will pass or not depends on the
current date.
If current date is using daylight savings in "CST" while "EST" doesn't use
daylight
savings all the time, then the hour field of calendar for "CST" and "EST"
are the same,
the test cases will fail. Otherwise, "CST" is 1 hour before "EST", the test
cases will
succeed. So we should specify a fixed date for the calendar so as to make
the below
test cases behave unchangeably all the time. I've raised a JIRA and attached
a patch to it.

--
Best Regards,
Jim, Jun Jie Yu