harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib][math][performance] RSA-related optimizations
Date Thu, 22 May 2008 15:02:54 GMT
Aleksey,
Thank you for thorough reply. I like and support your suggestion about
commenting the changes. Let me address the most mysterious thing I
still don't understand: adding a fast path for zeroes in the shift
function.

If this optimization helps increasing performance, some code sends
zeroes to the shift function more frequently than other numbers. Do
you know where your shift is called with zeroes as a typical argument?
What if we place the check in the specific caller instead of the
shift?

Thanks!

--
With best regards,