harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [testing] first M6 candidate (r653525) testing status.
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 11:05:55 GMT
Hello Jim,
Thank you for your patch!

I'm trying to understand the statement from your JIRA report [1]
addressing CST and EST with respect to a daylight savings adjustment.
    CST - Standard Time
    EST - Eastern Standard Time

 I think that the time zones which are adjusted to the daylight get
different names:
    CDT - Central Daylight Time
    EDT - Eastern Daylight Time

Moreover, all the listed time zones according to [2] have an official
time zone offsets compared to the universal time (and a difference of
the corresponding offsets is exactly one hour). Do you know a specific
date when the difference between CST and EST is not an hour according
to our GregorianCalendar? Calculated for this date, which time zone
(CST or EST) offset to UTC does not match the official one?

[2] http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/na/edt.html
and others

--
With best regards,