harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrey Pavlenko" <andrey.a.pavle...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [announce] Java plugin contribution
Date Thu, 29 May 2008 13:31:49 GMT
Mark,

I got a different stack on Harmony, however, the applet works fine under Sun
JRE:

Error reading JRE version text file.
java.security.AccessControlException: Permission check failed
(java.net.NetPermission getProxySelector)
Current JRE version set in file:
    [DEBUG]    notifyStateChange(AppletInstance.java:155): Notified: INVALID
java.lang.NumberFormatException:
        at java.lang.Integer.parse(Integer.java:381)
        at java.lang.Integer.<init>(Integer.java:98)
        at testvmDynamicJavaCom.init(testvmDynamicJavaCom.java:195)
        at
org.apache.harmony.javaplugin.AppletInstance.startImpl(AppletInstance.java:105)
        at
org.apache.harmony.javaplugin.AppletInstance.access$000(AppletInstance.java:13)
        at
org.apache.harmony.javaplugin.AppletInstance$1.action(AppletInstance.java:51)
        at
org.apache.harmony.javaplugin.AppletThreadManager$AppletAction.run(AppletThreadManager.java:83)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:657)

>  I was wondering what it would take to get it working with an IBM JRE?

There are 2 things that should be done to integrate the plugin with a
particular JRE:

1. Link the plugin with JRE's invocation api library (harmonyvm.dll,
jvm.dll, etc.). Please read a short doc at
src\main\native\core\include\jplugin.h. The list of supported JRE's can be
found at src\main\native\core\include\supported_jres.h.

2. Integrate the plugin with AWT. Please see AWT-specific implementations at
src\main\java\org\apache\harmony\javaplugin\proxyimpl

I don't have IBM JRE at the moment, so I can't say how to configure the
plugin to get it work with IBM JRE. I can suggest to try to build the plugin
with -Djp.default.jre.lib=<IBM JVM lib name> option and then add the library
to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH (or Path) environment variable.