harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Maenkova, Evgeniya G" <evgeniya.g.maenk...@intel.com>
Subject RE: [drlvm][gc]benchmark
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 11:16:05 GMT
Hi,
You can use the SPECjvm2008 benchmark suite released today:
http://www.spec.org/jvm2008/

It's a free downloadable.

The suite contains several group of benchmarks both real life
applications (sunflow, javac, derby) and area focused benchmarks
(serialization, crypto, scimark, xml, crypto, startup).

Some of these benchmarks are pretty gc-heavy, so it may be interesting
for you.

In general, this is easily configurable (threads number, run time, etc)
and flexible.

>From research point of view, you can use analyzers feature to monitor
different activities during run time (like heap information, etc), you
can write your own analyzer to implement your function to be monitored
and then see on graphs the detailed info.
The reporter can generate different graphs, which could be useful for
research purposes.

However, before quoting any composite result in public make sure it's ok
with Run and Reporting Rules.

BTW: RunRules contains "1.3 Rules on the Use of Open Source
Implementations" section, which adds more clarity to the results
submissions gotten on open-source implementations.

Thanks,

Evgeniya

PS http://www.digit-life.com/news.html?10/45/34