harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][gc] IdentityHashCode implementation on magics
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 23:42:51 GMT
Aleksey, "attached hashcode" works together with "buffered hashcode".
"Buffered hashcode" is created in compacting GC (in other words, in
major collection). So if normally there is few major collections,
there will be very few buffered hashcodes created. In minor
collections, it uses the attached hashcode.

Thanks,
xiaofeng

http://xiao-feng.blogspot.com