harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Senaka Fernando" <senaka...@gmail.com>
Subject Building Harmony on Ubuntu 8.04
Date Mon, 19 May 2008 11:37:46 GMT
Hi all,

You might already know that Ubuntu 8.04 is released. And I decided to update
the wiki so that Ubuntu 8.04 users who are new to Apache Harmony can benefit
out of it. Among the changes from Ubuntu 7.10 to Ubuntu 8.04 are,

1. Ubuntu 8.04 has Java 6
2. Ubuntu 8.04 is released as LTS, [1]. So we'll probably need to update the
page in the future, as requirements and availability changes

The modifications are found at [2], and [3]. In addition to that I would
also like to mention that Apache Harmony builds successfully on Ubuntu 8.04.

[1] http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/DevelopmentPlatformConfiguration
[3] http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/DevConfiguration_Ubuntu8-04

Regards,