harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Aleksey Shipilev" <aleksey.shipi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][gc] IdentityHashCode implementation on magics
Date Fri, 16 May 2008 05:41:25 GMT
Aha, so it's literally no way to disable buffered hashcode? That means
identityHashCode GC helper can't be implemented as magic.

That's too bad, my profiling and measurements shows that
identityHashCode computation is really hot on serialization workload
and I'm pretty sure the same picture shows up on any IdentityHashMap
user. Simple substitution of GC call in
VMMemoryManager.getIdentityHashCode with ((jint)jobj->object >> 2)
gives +20% boost to serialization benchmark even with JNI overhead in
place.

Thanks,
Aleksey.