harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Aleksey Shipilev" <aleksey.shipi...@gmail.com>
Subject [drlvm][gc] IdentityHashCode implementation on magics
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 21:06:02 GMT
Hi, Xiao Feng, GC gurus,

I'm back to IdentityHashCode implementation on magics [1]. I had
managed to inline the helper for System.identityHashCode(), but
unfortunately I had stuck with buffered hashcode scheme. Basically,
there is no support for buffered hashcodes in GCHelper and I doubt it
could be implemented there as we need to traverse native data
structure on hashcode lookup. Not saying about performance when there
are many hashcodes in the run, I have a suspicion there is the problem
too.

So I wonder whether is it possible to turn on "attached hashcode"
instead of "buffered hashcode" somehow to see the performance impact?
I searched through sources and it's still unclear for me.

Thanks,
Aleksey.