harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Ellison <t.p.elli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [classlib] [pack200] Unpack200 development completed
Date Fri, 23 May 2008 21:12:46 GMT
Pascal Rapicault wrote:
> This is really exciting. From the eclipse point of view it means that we
> will now be able to provide unpacking capability to all of our users
> independently of their VM.

Cool -- let us know if you have any problems (or successes <g>).

> I have a few questions:
> - Does this implementation run on a 1.4 VM?

It should.  It is compiled with the 1.4 source flag (so there are no
uses of generics etc), but it is compiled against our 5.0 libraries, so
I suggest you recompile it against a 1.4 JDK to check there are no uses
of 5.0 APIs that need fixing.

> - Is it easily consumable independently of all of harmony? (e.g. a
> standalone jar)

Yep, it is built into pack200.jar.

Regards,
Tim