harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Gregory Shimansky <gshiman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [testing] first M6 candidate (r653525) testing status.
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 09:18:33 GMT
Ilya Leviev said the following on 13.05.2008 2:43:
> Hello Stepan,
>
> Pls see my comments bellow.
>
> 7) Stress: need investigation
>
> • Windows_x86: 4 failures
>
>  Regression:
>    exceptions.catcher.StackUnwindingManyObjectsTests - not a regression(test
> issue HARMONY-5158)
>

>  Intermittent:
>    classloader.NotSynchThreads.SupIntf  - Intermittent(HARMONY-4998)
>    exceptions.catcher.StackUnwindingTests - test issue(HARMONY-5156)
>    jpda.jdwp.scenario.MIXED001 - regression(HARMONY-5821)

I've taken a quick look at HARMONY-5821 and the bug doesn't seem to be
related to JDWP/JVMTI and debugging in general. The NPE happens in the
debugger application, not in the debuggee. So the problem may be with
enumeration or with code generated by JIT (e.g. it crashes). The
intermittent behavior of this bug makes me more inclined to thing of the
bug as an enumeration problem, but it is still necessary to understand
why it happens in the compiled code.

--
Gregory