harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Chow" <simon.harm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][jit] Instoptimizer in MemoryValueNumberingPass
Date Mon, 19 May 2008 05:24:04 GMT
George
Thanks for your suggestion.
IMO, the current information in Inst of TauLdInd is not enough for read
barriers generation.
That's the reason why I tend to implement a new opcode TauLdRef.
For example, there is no ref holding object reference (like 'base' in
TauStRef) in TauLdInd, but it is necessary for read barrier.
Additionally, IMO, not all the 'TauLd' need to be intercepted, my TauLdRef
only represents the ref loading that requires barrier.
Do you think it is reasonable?

Thanks