harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [announce] Java plugin contribution
Date Wed, 28 May 2008 08:51:13 GMT

In message <af4b1ec30805150341n5a26f2eet40f0df65edb50abc@mail.gmail.com>,
"Andrey Pavlenko" writes:

> Dear community,
>
> I'm happy to announce a contribution to Harmony on behalf of
> Intel. The contribution is Java plugin for WEB-browsers, it's attached
> to JIRA https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-5824. At the
> current state the plugin supports only Netscape-based browsers, but
> it's designed to be portable to other browsers and compatible with
> different JREs.
>
> Please try the plugin and share your feedbacks and comments.  Thanks!

Thanks for this contribution.

I tried using it with the latest milestone build to run the test applet at:

  http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml

but I get:

Stack trace:
  0: nsCOMPtr_base::~nsCOMPtr_base() (??:-1)
  1: ?? (??:-1)
  2: ?? (??:-1)
    [DEBUG]    notifyStateChange(AppletInstance.java:155): Notified: INVALID
java.security.AccessControlException: Permission check failed
(java.util.PropertyPermission java.version read)
        at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlCont
ext.java:133)
        at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java
:194)
        at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:746)
        at org.apache.harmony.javaplugin.AppletSecurityManager.checkPermission(
AppletSecurityManager.java:38)

I think I followed the instructions in the JIRA correctly but I guess I
must be missing something?

You mention that it works with Harmony and Sun JREs.  I was wondering
what it would take to get it working with an IBM JRE?

Regards,
 Mark.