harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Hindess <mark.hind...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r658200 - in /harmony/enhanced: common_resources/trunk/make/depends.xml drlvm/trunk/make/depends.xml
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 11:49:54 GMT

In message <20080520110352.89AF523889C2@eris.apache.org>, varlax@apache.org wri
tes:

> Author: varlax
> Date: Tue May 20 04:03:52 2008
> New Revision: 658200

> Log:
> Enhancing common dependencies (for easier migration of jdktools):
>  - poll-modules adapted to support build.module/exclude.module settings;

Cool.  I was wondering about how to do this because I think it might help
simplify some of the classlib/make/build-native.xml code[0].

>      <macrodef name="poll-modules">
>          <attribute name="target" />
>          <attribute name="dir" />
> -        <attribute name="includes" default="**/*.xml"/>
> +        <attribute name="includes" default="${build.module}/*.xml"/>
> +        <attribute name="excludes" default="${exclude.module}/*.xml"/>
>          <sequential>
>              <subant target="@{target}">
> -                <fileset dir="@{dir}" includes="@{includes}">
> +                <fileset dir="@{dir}" includes="@{includes}" excludes="@{excludes}">
>                      <containsregexp expression="&lt;target[^&gt;]*name=&quot;@{target}&quot;"/>
>                  </fileset>
>              </subant>

I can see that this should work for values with one module name but do
it work with "-Dexclude.module=awt,swing" for example?

Regards,
-Mark

[0] Enable the removal of some of the hard-coded references to which modules
have native code - just have the poll-modules to check for a build-native
target.  (It's a little more complicated in reality but it would still be
easier to maintain with fewer hard-coded module names.)