harmony-dev mailing list archives

From Egor Pasko <egor.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][opt] what does 'irBuilderFlags.expandMemAddrs' mean?
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 20:31:23 GMT
On the 0x43C day of Apache Harmony Simon Chow wrote:
> Hi all
> I found this flag is frequently used when generating 'Store' related
> instruction.
> if it is set, makeMultiSrcInst is used, otherwise makeFieldAccessInst is
> used, is that right? and Why is that?

after "Lazy Resolution" feature has been implemented, you can safely
assume expandMemAddrs is always true, otherwise it just does not
work.

true makes indirect loads by addresses
false makes special instructions like ldfield

I dunno why there were two ways to do the same thing for ages. Maybe
true value helped memopt (so you do not have to teach it with ldfield
stuff), not sure.

--
Egor Pasko