harmony-dev mailing list archives

From George Timoshenko <george.timoshe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][dynopt]about the opcode "Op_TauLdVTableAddr"
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 03:40:13 GMT
Hi,

I will try to explain. Colleagues, please correct me if I write smth. wrong.

Op_		- opcode
Tau		- this is not significant for understanding what the instruction does.
Ld		- load
VTableAddr	- the address of virtual table

So the instruction loads the address of the virtual table of the passed
object to the destination operand.

IRBuilder::genTauLdVTable(Opnd* base, Opnd *tauNullChecked, Type* type)

base		- the initial address of the object.
tauNullChecked	- the result of 'base' NullCheck.
type		- the type of the object (is used for examination if the object is
an interface or a usual class).