harmony-dev mailing list archives

From George Timoshenko <george.timoshe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] GSoC 2008 Refactor Java Bytecode Translator
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 03:31:19 GMT
Okonechnikov Konstantin wrote:

> I have some good news: Simplifier and CSE removal from IRBuilder is
> accomplished.
> 1) What is done:
> - Simplifier* IrBuilder::simplifier and all connected methods are removed or
> modified
> - CSEHashtable IrBuilder::cseHashTable and its methods are removed
> - Instruction generation doesn't include simplification and hashing anymore
> - DoSimplify, DoCSE flags are removed from IRBuilderFlags

That's awful. I see the discussion too late.

This is much easier to destroy rather than to improve.
Does irBuilder simplify/hvn ability prevents you from writing new
translator?

I am strongly against the idea of removing simplify/hvn from IRBuilder.

In HARMONY-5500 there is NOTHING about this removing.