harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Varlamov" <alexey.v.varla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Creating separate make file fro gc_gec
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 03:39:31 GMT
2008/4/3, Senaka Fernando <senakafdo@gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> Currently, the makefile for gc_gen is located inside the drlvm/trunk/make/vm
> folder. However, in the process of making gc_gen an independent entity,
> isn't it better that we move this to drlvm/trunk/vm/gc_gen/make and refer it
> from, drlvm/trunk/make/vm/gc_gen.xml? Thoughts?

This would not make the gc_gen src tree truly self-sufficient, as the
build still needs common properties/macros etc. Besides gc_gen
includes few general headers of GC<>VM interface which you will need
in some form anyway.
However the build allows you independent making of gc_gen only (given
you provided needed link dependencies), does it suites your needs?
drlvm/trunk$ ant -f make/vm/gc_gen.xml

--
Alexey