harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey Varlamov" <alexey.v.varla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm] upgrade apr, apr-util to 1.2.12
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 04:12:20 GMT
2008/4/1, Nathan Beyer <ndbeyer@apache.org>:
> I've just finished testing on Win x86 with the new apr code and no
> patches. All of the kernel.test, smoke.test, reg.test and cunit.test
> pass without failure or error.
>
> If there's no objection, I'm going to update to the latest apr source
> and remove the patches tonight.
>
> -Nathan

Looks like I'm a bit late, but still - IIRC the win patches were
targeted to fix thread conditional variables impl, which might cause
CPU starvation on contention. This was reproducible on some Eclipse
scenarios - so let's see if we've got new hang issues in CC.
BTW, we already have a new reason to upgrade to next APR version after
it is released: see parallel thread about VC2008 compilation errors.

--
Alexey