harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Humberto Naves" <hsna...@gmail.com>
Subject [GSoC] About harmony-gc-1 "Compressor GC"
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 20:57:34 GMT
Hi,

I have a few questions about the Compressor GC that should be implemented in
Harmony DRLVM:
-> What strategy will we use for constructing the "markbit" vector?
(Pool-sharing parallelization?)
-> Will we use the "stop-the-world" strategy for the first release? If not
(in the case of concurrent, incremental and parallel strategy), there are
some virtual memory functions that the algorithm needs:
 1) Map
 2) UnMap
 3) ProtN
 4) UnProt
 5) TRAP
 6) DoubleMap
So, we need to abstract that functions (to be independent of the OS in use),
and I think this abstraction should be usefull for  "Mapping Collector"
(harmony-gc-2) . I don't know very much of the DRLVM, but I think
"working_vm\vm\port\src\vmem" should have those functions.

Cheers,
Humberto