harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject [general] icu or apr-iconv, which coding library is better?
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2008 03:37:06 GMT
Hello,

One may notice that both icu and apr-iconv are currently used to build
Harmony HDK. Both libraries address charset encoding and decoding.
Should we keep both of them or try to use the only one?

HARMONY-5692 [1] contains one possible "compilable" answer to this
question and related reasoning. Alexey Varlamov and Tim suggested
discussing the matters on dev@ list, so I created this thread on the
subject. You are welcome to share your opinion about the libraries
Harmony depends on, the patch from [2], my arguments defending the
patch, and further directions here.

--
With best regards,
Alexei