harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [general] GSoC 2008 Refactor Java Bytecode Translator
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 09:16:31 GMT
George,
Thank you for paying attention to the student projects. They require
someone with your experience. The previous discussion was quite
consistent for me. Egor and Kostya were pretty flexible about my
concern. I'm not a JIT professional, but I'm eager to learn. Could you
please support your disagreement with arguments to help me
understanding that better?

You noticed that it is much easier to destroy than to improve.
Generally, removing the code from a big system may be more difficult
then adding a new code. DRLVM relies on ICU and HyPort in
localization, but I find it painful to remove apr-iconv dependency
(still hope to complete it one day).

Thanks.

--
With best regards,