harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: gc_gen/src/common/gc_for_barrier.h tightly coupled with JNI parts
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 20:32:14 GMT
Senaka,

It's great you faced this dependency. Do you remember that Xiao Feng
suggested porting GC which does not need barriers? I believe JNI
specific parts of this file are to be wasted at this moment.

When you get GC working with Parrot you will have another chance to
think how to address JNI dependency. Probably one should introduce
another layer of barrier descriptions. This might be your next year
GSoC project.

Thanks.

--
With best regards,