harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Define needed indicate that gc_gen is built independently
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 20:26:21 GMT
Senaka,
An open source is a place where you are free to do what do you want.
Let me just share my advise on being focused and don't let this advise
to ruin your fun.

At this point I would recommend you to use a control version system
instead of defines. In other words, rewrite or remove portions of
files freely and commit checkpoints where you are able to build the
whole code base into your local control version system. When you get
things working it would be easy to arrange all defines.

Imagine: you may spend a day putting defines to make a file compile,
and throw the whole file tomorrow since it will be rewritten for
Parrot compatibility.

Thanks.

--
With best regards,