harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexei Fedotov" <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Creating separate make file fro gc_gec
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 20:19:40 GMT
Hello Senaka,

This is a natural approach to start thinking of an automatic build at
the beginning of the big project. You might notice a patch of your
predecessor to the Parrot build system which was originated from the
same activity. The only problem is that infrastructure would take
several weeks of your precious time and won't give you anything for
task completion.

I suggest reusing current build system and avoid moving any files. The
main problem of this build system is that it compiles a lot of stuff
you don't need, and this should be just deleted from build files and
your repository. The only infrastructure thing I would recommend you
to set up is a control version system because I do not see a natural
way of incremental development of your project using Harmony svn.

Just reduce a build time to 15 seconds and continue with Parrot / GC
bridge. You will face a real challenge there.

Thanks.

--
With best regards,
Alexei