harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [drlvm][gc]verify gc
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 14:01:36 GMT
Liaoyin, a good question.   (I found you did ask good questions.)

Mostly I still use debugger (MS VC, gdb is not very convenient relatively).

I use debugger to find if the objects are moved/collected as expected.
Why do you think it's difficult? What specific difficulty do you meet?

To verify the correctness, you can use -XX:gc.verify=<gc|all|..> or
other options. But you have to have the verification code built into
your collection process (by following how the existing collection
algorithms do).

Thanks,
xiaofeng

--