harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need info on copy-on-write support on Harmony
Date Sun, 06 Apr 2008 13:48:18 GMT
Harmony GC doesn't have COW support (at the moment). COW can help to
reduce the footprint when multiple processes are forked sharing data.
It's not useful for Java (at the moment) because Java uses threads
mostly.  Before we have real needs (workloads) for COW, we are not
able to give an appropriate design.

Thanks,
xiaofeng

--