harmony-dev mailing list archives

From "Xiao-Feng Li" <xiaofeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Define needed indicate that gc_gen is built independently
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2008 05:33:57 GMT
On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 1:03 PM, Senaka Fernando <senakafdo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Xiao-Feng, Alexei,
>
>  Well that shouldn't take that long I guess. I'm a bit familiar now on the
>  Harmony end, and I have been hacking parrot's interface too. Have patched
>  one bug there and working on some more. They are keen in improving their GC
>  interface. I'm getting good cooperation on that end.
>
>  Will work on the doc, from now, util I have something solid. I will use the
>  wiki for this.

hmm, I am not sure if you are already familiar with the Harmony end,
since you haven't asked tough questions yet. ;)

For example, one core issue: what are the object representations of
Hamrony and Parrot? i.e., how an object is laid out in heap?

Some others like, can Parrot move objects in heap? Does Parrot require
to pin some objects in fixed positions during their lifetime?

Thanks,
xiaofeng

--
http://xiao-feng.blogspot.com